Sunday, October 9, 2011

Training with Hugo Rivera's book: Hardgainers Bodybuilding Handbook. Part 4

2011/09/19: I starded the week 16 of Hugo Rivera's basic program.

This training circle lasts for three weeks. It is a four day routine per week.
The Day A we training chest, back, biceps, triceps, upper abs and the Day B legs, delts, trap, lower abs.
The structure of the program is like this:
Day 1 Α (volume training)
Day 2 Β (volume training)
Day 3 κενό
Day 4 Α (strength training)
Day 5 Β (strength training) 
Day 6 και 7 κενό.

The table below it shows the routine and my personal KG/Rep records after I finished all three weeks.
Click on the pictures for bigger view.


I spend the first week trying to find out the correct amount of weight for every single exercise. It was actually the weeks two and three that gave me an insight of what this program can do.
The Days 1 and 3 workouts good the upper body and they give a great pump especially on the arms. With Days 2 and 4 I didn't got any blasting feeling but it was certainly tough workouts. With this program I've managed to train with heavier weights, giving me a little boost on my strength, the day after workout and the next one or two days, I had DOMS "Delayed onset muscle soreness" on the trained muscles.
The down side of this routine was the failure to execute the days three and four with a decent time.

I learned that there is a big difference between free barbell squat and smith machine squat.
There is a big difference between thinking that your squat technique is fair than really knowing how crap your squat technique is.
The Smith Machine from now on is a cast away meaning, it belongs to the exile of abyss.
No more Stiff legget deadlifts for me, no sir.

No comments:

Post a Comment